Monday, March 13, 2017

Gale's Gallery XXIX: Oxide Inks & Other New Toys!

Hello again!

I know, back to back galleries, but I promise to have something for you other guys shortly!  It's just that March is National Craft Month and I have been celebrating it with some new stuff...  I have taken off a week from work to paint the kitchen, so I am sure something funny will arise....

Let's jump right in...
Hero Arts "Paper Layering Koi" set with Ranger Distress Oxide Inks Broken China, Cracked Pistachio and Fossilized Amber on cold press watercolor paper.  

In Loving Memory of Mary LoBianco (1957-2017)



Simon Says Stamp "Some Bunny" set from March kit release.  Background is Distress Oxide (Cracked Pistachio, Broken China Mowed Lawn.) Memento Tuxedo black ink critters colored with Copic Markers.  I added some Wink of Stella and Diamond Glaze to the eggs though it's hard to see here.  I am really not a good colorer, but will keep trying to get better at shading.  Part of the problem is I don't have three markers in the same family, part of it is me...

The Distress Oxide inks are a pigment/dye combination.  They dry chalk-like without rubbing off. The magic happens when you add water.  You can layer these inks as long as you dry after every layer.  I highly recommend anyone interested in learning about these to either go to the Ranger website and/or watch Jennifer McGuire's You Tube video that hits the high spots of what these inks can do.  I really didn't think I needed them, but they really are different then anything else there is.

This card doesn't feature anything new, but I had fun stepping out of my "style"...

This card features Tim Holtz's Stampers Anonymous "Crazy Cats" and "Crazy Sentiments" sets.  Not sure I will have reason to use these much, but hey, they were on sale...LOL!  I used regular Distress Inks on the background attempting to simulate a video tutorial by Sandy Allnock and pretty much failed.  But still a cute card!  I need to get a TV in my craft room as I forget stuff!


The guilt is setting in, so I must go work on that kitchen!  

Until next time,
Gale

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! LMK by email if you have problems commenting or following. I am also grateful if you would kindly refer a friend or two! Thanks!