Friday, June 17, 2016

Gale's Gallery XXIV: Just Some Random Cards

Hi!

Just thought I'd quickly share some cards I've made (mostly) this Spring:

The stamps and die are from Hero Arts.


I used the My Favorite Things stitched borders die to make the background on 110 lb. Neenah white card stock.   I used distress inks and blended them before spritzing water on them.  Wait 30 seconds then pick up excess with a paper towel.  The Hero Arts layering flamingo was a challenge even when I used my Misti Tool.  I need to practice and stop paper from shifting.  It was actually easier to use a clear block.  The problem is lining up the legs and body so it diecuts correctly.  So, I gave up and made diecut out of Simon Says Stamp (SSS) cotton candy card stock and then just layering a couple pinks, plus a white.  I used my Spectrum Noir clear shimmer brush marker to coat the body.  

To finish them off, I used random brand sequins and stamps from the flamingo set.  The one on the left I stamped sentiment in Versafine Black Onyx ink and heat embossed with clear powder.  The one on the right I diecut the unknown brand hello in blue and green and layered them, then coated with shimmer brush and Diamond Glaze.  I layered the flamingo with clear foam tape and attached to background.  The background was then attached to 110 lb Neenah Desert Storm card stock.  





I love the Mondo Hydrangea stamp from Ellen Hutson.  I stamped it with Versamark clear ink, then heat embossed it with white on watercolor card stock.  That acts as a resist and you can do some fun watercoloring.  I used my distress inks and a water brush.  Just layered it up and added sequins.




I used the new SSS Happy Birthday frame die and cut the words out of the center to make this shaker card in Kent State colors.  Unknown congrats die.  Old Sizzix number dies.  Sequins from Pretty Pink Posh (PPP)

Back to the hydrangea...



Did I say that I like Julie Ebersole's Mondo Hydrangea ---I also love the Mondo Magnolia (see below) designed last Fall for Ellen Hutson.  I heat embossed this in white, then coated Blueprint Sketch distress ink heavily on cardstock.  Next I painted water on the petals to dilute.  However, I waited too long to do this, so the effect wasn't what I was going for.  But to make lemonade, I added some pinks and purples, then covered with Hero Arts sparkle vellum to soften it.




After once again heat embossing in white, I watercolored flower with diluted distress inks and then splattered it for some movement and interest.  I don't know why I have the fancy Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors when one can just use distress inks or water based markers!  I used my Wink of Stella glitter marker on the flower and the hello and more Pretty Pink Posh sequins.

Well, gotta go!  Have a great weekend!

Gale



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! LMK by email if you have problems commenting or following. I am also grateful if you would kindly refer a friend or two! Thanks!