Monday, February 27, 2017

Gale's Gallery XXVIII: Greeting Card Roundup

Hello!

I just got several new things that were announced at CHA's Creativation convention.  I can't wait to show you the latest and I think greatest.  There weren't as many "innovative" items, but several new designs from favorite vendors.  The big news seemed to be the Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks.  I have several and will play with them soon.

Meanwhile, back at the 'Creek I made some cards I'd like to share with you...

This features the Altenew Lotus stamp set (sentiment is from their Beautiful Day set.)  This was done with Inktense watercolor pencils, Versafine Tuxedo black ink with clear embossing on watercolor paper.  Pretty Pink Posh droplets finish it off.  Envelope by Hero Arts.

One of my first stamps 20 years ago (All Night Media) doing one of the first techniques I learned in a local stamp class.  This is white embossed vellum using Copic marker coloring on the reverse.  

This is another Altenew set called Layering Lilies using a technique from a recent Jennifer McGuire Ink You Tube tutorial.  Using the thinnest card stock you have, stamp with dye or preferably Hero Arts shadow/hybrid inks.  Turn over the paper and use a Copic blender pen and completely saturate the image for an easy watercolor effect.  Background stripes with Versamark watermark ink and Simon Says Stamp striped background stamp.
This is a WPlus9 Beautiful Bouquet Mum stamp on Bristol card stock.  I used Tombow markers and blended out with a wet brush, then added Spectrum Noir clear glitter brush marker for some shine.  However, this marker "splopped" all over the upper flower and continues to do that, so I will be going back to my clear Wink of Stella reliable markers, though the glitter is slightly gold.  Simon Says Stamp Audrey Blue card stock.
This is my first attempt at Prismacolor colored pencils on Neenah Desert Storm card stock.  The only way to do this is to stamp a solid image with white pigment ink (Hero Arts Unicorn), then color on top.  The textured background is from  We R Memory Keepers.  The shimmer envelope is from Simon Says Stamp.
This is basically the same technique as above, but I used Glossy Accents to add high gloss.  Card stocks are from Simon Says Stamp.

For some reason my software doesn't want to show any more cards, so maybe it knows best....

Until next time,
Gale

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! LMK by email if you have problems commenting or following. I am also grateful if you would kindly refer a friend or two! Thanks!