Thursday, February 4, 2016

Sweets To The Sweet!


Hi!

I don't claim to be an expert about many things, but I am a dessert connoisseur!  Since Valentine's Day is fast approaching, I thought I would suggest some special treats to share (yes, I said share.)    Thought I would do it now to give you time for shipping:)  The easiest way to share is to buy extra for yourself!  All of these will unfortunately take the "tiny " out of Valentine's Day... but it's not a day to count calories anyway.

If you are in New York City, the cupcakes at Magnolia Bakery are to die for!  I use their Penn Station display case as my Facebook page background.  Eleni's has lovely and tasty cookies as well.  Both of these have online stores and would be addicting if not for the prices:)  But they are wonderful for special occasions!


I've walked many "long blocks" in NYC to get to these cupcakes from the Magnolia Bakery!




I planned to bring a load of these home from a NYC trip, but only a few made it:)


For folks local to Columbus, Ohio, I highly recommend Sugardaddy's Sumptuous Sweeties (now owned by a "Sugarmomma.")  There are several locations in Central Ohio and their offerings are also available online.  They make brownies that are amazing!  They even beat Bobby Flay in a "Brownie Throwdown" and they are served in the green room for guests on the "Ellen" show.

I normally don't gravitate to desserts not primarily chocolate, but their "Nutty Blondes" and "Drunken Blondes" are the bee's knees!  They always have at least a dozen kinds to choose from.  For those that like to eat the chewy edges, they sell those separately in a bag (the brownies are round.)  I first went to this bakery before they even had a storefront in a strip mall by Polaris Fashion Place near Columbus, Ohio.


This is the Auburn Original Brunette with nuts!


Another yummy alternative is in German Village (Columbus, Ohio) called Pistacia Vera.  They make many amazing looking and tasting desserts, but we always leave with a bunch of French Macaroons.  They change up the flavors daily and are soooo good!  We stop every time we are in the area, though that's not all that often.   My favorites are chocolate (no duh...) and hazelnut.  They have exotic flavors as well.





I have some other sweet posts you might want to check out too!
Chocolate:  The Good Mood Food?  
These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things  
Every Day is Pie Day at Just Pies!
'Ween Scenes From The 'Creek  

Coming soon... a Gale's Gallery Valentine edition!

Until next time,

Gale

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! LMK by email if you have problems commenting or following. I am also grateful if you would kindly refer a friend or two! Thanks!