Saturday, December 20, 2014

Gale's Gallery XV: Holiday Greeting Cards

Hi everyone!

This year it just doesn't feel like Christmas yet.  I really think when you work in retail you become immune.  There are still only lights and a star on our tree (which is at least real because Taylor was willing to bring one home and set it up.)  Audra says she likes it the way it is because she doesn't want to decorate it either.  I am on watering detail and have wrapped some gifts, even made a few this year!  Well, maybe I will feel like doing more next year... in my defense I have been working overtime the last few weeks!

I did, however, start in October and made a few cards!  I watch lots of demos on You Tube and got inspired.  There are loads of channels full of information and techniques if you are interested as I'm not really going into that today.

Some good ones are:  Jennifer McGuire Ink (all cards/stamping), Hero Arts, Tim Holtz/Ranger Ink, Split Coast Stamping (other crafts as well) and The Frugal Crafter (who makes all kinds of things and is always enthusiastic and fun!)  I know I am leaving out several others, but you can flip through for what looks interesting to you.

Here is this year's attempt.  Please forgive the photo quality.  Natural light in Ohio in December is tough to get!

This was just stamped on white cardstock in Staz-On Jet Black Permanent Ink and colored in with Copic Alcohol Markers, then highlighted with a white Inktense pencil.  Brushed lightly with clear Wink of Stella glitter pen and a tiny bit of Stickles glitter glue to finish.
The interior was splattered with green and white ink.  Boy, did I make a mess!
This was from the first stamping class I attended.  Sadly, most of the places in our area are gone, so you almost have to go online for new techniques.  We used to have a group of gals that met on Tuesdays and that was fun and inspiring.  Try it!  This is simply a gold heat embossed stamp colored in with water-based markers.  The border is a small stamp that is repeated.
This stained glass card was from the same workshop.  It is so easy!  You stamp and heat emboss vellum, then color on the inside!  No need to worry much about staying in lines!  Then you tie the vellum to a gold edged notecard.
Received this the other day from good friend Karen Boggs.   Very elegant!  Note how she staggered the trees  on the slope and let one hang over the frame for added dimension.  I think she used pre-glittered cardstock for the background.
Karen sent this a few years ago.  I can't bear to throw away a handmade card.  This looks like a lot of layers, but the cardstock is edged with a gold leaf pen.

I made this card years ago.  Really easy.  Just stamp, heat emboss and cut out tree, add rhinestones, then place on cardstock that's been run through a corrugator.

Even this simple card is cute and warm... This is just stamped and colored in with pencil by Mercedes McPherson, who has made lovely cards for many years.




This simple greeting is harder than it looks!  Those are two small postage rubber stamps that are masked off to appear like they are in front of each other.  The center greeting was masked off until the rest was stamped.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!  I have some time off and am planning to be back here much sooner than usual, so stay tuned!

Until next time, Feliz Navidad!
Gale

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! LMK by email if you have problems commenting or following. I am also grateful if you would kindly refer a friend or two! Thanks!