Sunday, April 20, 2014

Happy Easter! Happy 3rd Birthday Girls!

Greetings from the coop...

Hoping everyone had a wonderful Easter.  We had a beautiful day finally here in central Ohio.  I risked rain because I took a vacation day off work.  Rarely do all four of us get to go to church together, but we did today!  Then, I actually cooked a meal!

We also celebrated the hen's birthday.  (I should say the nine hens and the accidental rooster "James Brown.") They were hatched on Easter Sunday three years ago and all are doing great!  James lives up the road where he has lots of girlfriends.

We thought they might enjoy an Easter Egg hunt... ironically, "Henrietta" the "Easter Egger" Americauna hen was in the coop laying her own green egg and missed the hunt.  She got treats later.  (Since chickens aren't the sharpest of creatures, we didn't try too hard to hide them!)



Just three years ago, and hundreds of eggs since...

Because my hens color my eggs for me, instead of dyeing them, I dyed ceramic tiles today.  Look for them in an upcoming Gale's Gallery as they are cool and super simple!

Until next time,

Gale

1 comment:

  1. Would seem weird to get color eggs all the time. You know it's just what you are used to.
    Cher Sunray Gardens
    Goldenray Yorkies

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! LMK by email if you have problems commenting or following. I am also grateful if you would kindly refer a friend or two! Thanks!