Tuesday, December 31, 2013

The 'Creek's 2013 Year In Review

Well, here we are again on New Year's Eve.  I hope everyone had a nice Christmas.  The sun is out, the birds are singing... well, at least the indoor ones.  It's really windy here in paradise (central Ohio) as the snow was blowing sideways.  The hens gathered at their gate to be let out, but though I love my ladies, they aren't terribly smart.  The grass may be greener outside their pen, but it's a lot colder in the wind!

Though the Christmas season was a week shorter, I think the media has made it up by making New Year's longer...LOL!  They started airing those sad tributes to those who have passed (reminding me of "Hunger Games" how they flash on the screen with sad music) last week, along with several shows dedicated to wrapping up last year.  So, I may as well do it too.

Thanks to you, the 'Creek is nearly at 20000 hits!  I welcome suggestions on what you would like to see more (or less?)  As I have stated before, I can't be all things to everyone, but I try to rotate topics enough so something may interest you.  I hope you more recent readers will try out the "Index By Topic" and find something either informative or humorous.  I previously tried to keep a regular posting schedule, but if I don't think I have something worth your time to read, I don't just post willy-nilly.  So, likely it will be only 2-3 times a month.

I heard on the news that this is the first New Year's Eve with a New Moon since 1995.  According to the  "About Astrology" website:

"When the moon is new, the sun and the moon are aligned in the same sign and a powerful energy portal is opened.  New moons are a great time to set intentions for things you'd like to create, develop, cultivate, make manifest."

So maybe resolutions will stick this time????  

It's also going to be the Chinese "Year of the Horse" starting January 31st.  I would love to have been a horse, because what's not to like about them?  But alas, I'm an Ox.  For more info and an app that will tell you what year you were born under check out Travel China.  

Some things that folks have to look forward to in the new year-- apparently Prince William announced at Christmas they are having another baby.  We can watch the Winter Olympics (if the Russians can stop the daily terror attacks.) Ohio State is in the Orange Bowl this Friday.  I have friends that are going to be grandparents for the first time.  My son will graduate from high school and my daughter will be a senior in college.  If nothing else, for those of us in North America at least, the days are getting slightly longer.  In Ohio, we can go for weeks of gray days and the sun is an exception, not the rule.  

The kids and I will be watching movies and eating Chinese food in tonight, but if you are going out be careful but have a great time!  

BTW, try to catch the footage of the Dubai New Year's fireworks.  They are touting it as breaking the Guinness record for most fireworks ever used at once.  Should be neat!

See you next year!
Gale

P.S. Guess I should name posts after I write them.  Not much of a review, more of a preview of 2014! LOL!




1 comment:

  1. Hard to believe the kids are both that age already. Time does fly.
    Cher Sunray Gardens
    Goldenray Yorkies

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! LMK by email if you have problems commenting or following. I am also grateful if you would kindly refer a friend or two! Thanks!