Monday, December 26, 2011

The Day After Christmas ( a poem--sort of)

It's the day after Christmas and all through the house, the kids are still sleeping while I use the mouse.  


Today is Mark's birthday, he's now 49.   I need to find a great gift and all will be fine.


The dishes are done and most things put away, so I've no excuse to waste this nice day.


We had a good Christmas, we all agree.  We were happy to see many friends and family.


Not all was well as you might guess, it wouldn't be normal if not for some mess.


For Christmas we got Taylor a funny goldfish, but suddenly it was floundering in it's fish dish.


Audra was in charge of him for only two days.  In that short time he nearly passed away.


But what many of you likely don't know, is Mark's a "fish whisperer" and revived his air flow.


Seems Audra felt food meant kind loving care, but all it did was suck out his water's air.


She learned a good lesson and now he's with Taylor.   I'm not sure we did that fish any favor.
Everyone in the house pitched in to get dinner.  Folks seemed to enjoy it and didn't leave thinner.  


I waited a year for Mark to hang a kitchen light, that morning he decided to do it, to my delight.


However, my excitement was very short-lived, as it crashed to the floor for the box wouldn't give.


So my lights don't match, but it doesn't matter.  Back to Home Depot to make a small clatter.


I'd better get going.  I've got chores to do.  I hope all had a great Christmas and have a Happy New Year too!


Until next time,
Gale



1 comment:

  1. Wait, what happened? The light fell down!? The fish died? Yikes. How's the new puppy!?
    Merry Christmas, Gale! And Happy New Year my Blogger CUZ!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! LMK by email if you have problems commenting or following. I am also grateful if you would kindly refer a friend or two! Thanks!